CALL FOR PAPERS
Dear colleagues and friends,
It is our pleasure to invite you to the 16th congress of the International Association for the Study of Child Language which will be held on 15 – 19 July 2024 in the wonderful city of Prague, Czech Republic.
This 16th edition of the IASCL congress will be held at the Charles University in Prague and organized by the Faculty of Arts, Charles University. We would like to invite you to be a part of this extraordinary event held first time after seven years in person. We will be soliciting three types of contributions: symposia, oral presentations and posters. In the tradition of IASCL conferences, symposia of four or five talks will be the primary form of oral contributions, but we also invite individual oral presentations, especially from early career researchers.
For further information about our IASCL 2024 topics or Keynote Speakers please visit www.iascl2024.com. The submissions will open in late Spring 2023.
The topics of the congress include for example:
- Typical L1 acquisition, bilingual/multilingual development, L2 child language acquisition, language development from prenatal stages to adolescence
- Acquisition of phonology, prosody, morphology, lexicon, syntax, discourse and narrative competence; acquisition of less researched languages
- Speech perception, comprehension, language production in children; children’s literacy and language
- Sign language acquisition and development• Individual differences in language development, input factors, , cultural and social factors in language development, child-directed speech/language, social cognition and language development
- Atypical language development: Developmental language disorder, SLI, autistic spectrum disorders, reading disorders and child language, ther neurodevelopmental conditions
- Deafness, cochlear implants, sensory impairments
- Neurobiology in typical and/or atypical language development, genetics of language development
- Child language corpora, language assessment, standardized testing of language development
Submission is opening soon.
- Abstract submission opens June 30th, 2023
- Abstract submission deadline September 30th, 2023
- Decision of submission by December 2023/January 2024
Chair of the Organizing Committee
Institute of Psychology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic